Sunday, February 12, 2012

Super Bowl Food!

Our Super Bowl Feast!
As a way to celebrate our new apartment, Matt and I had some friends over to watch the Super Bowl last weekend.  My team (Green Bay Packers!) was unfortunately not playing, but I spent most of the day cleaning and - most importantly - cooking!
When I think of the Super Bowl, I think of snacks.  No one wants to sit down to a full meal when they're busy rooting for their team - or watching the way too expensive commercials.  (My favorite this year was for Volkswagon... the one with the dog that had to lose some weight!)  So, I decided to make one of my all time favorite snack foods - my dad's chili dip!

Let me tell you, the chili was a hit.  Everyone loved it, and came back for seconds and thirds!  It's really nothing too special, just your basic chili - only chunked up a bit.  Instead of throwing in diced tomatoes and onions and peppers, the recipe called for 2 cups of chunky salsa, and it uses black beans instead of chili beans.  But other than that, it's just plain ol' chili!  Throw everything into the Crock Pot for a couple hours and BAM - best chili ever.  I served it with some plain tortilla chips, but I think it would also go really great with Ritz style crackers.  Some of our friends brought over some other things to munch on, and we ended up with a game-day feast fit for any football fan!  We had a meat/cheese tray with crackers, cheese flavored little smokies, the chili dip, and some cookies and milk for dessert!  It was a great night, and everyone was full at the end of the night!




1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try and make the chili dip sometime..it sounds good.

    ReplyDelete